Decorex proudly becomes the UK’s first design and interiors show to achieve ISO 20121 Standard for Sustainable Event Management.
SGS Auditor, Becky Toal, was impressed by the team’s work and comments: “It is clear that UBM takes compliance with legislation very seriously and for this show the enforcement of the CDM Regulations 2015 were clear to see. The use of re-useable and recyclable materials for show feature areas was evident as was the switch to 100% recycled paper for show collateral, which demonstrates continued improvement. Its support to the two charities (Fine Cell Work and GoodWeave) shows UBM is committed to local solutions and showcasing UK manufacturing. Whilst this show was not without its difficulties, the team dealt with all of this in their stride and their flexible attitude and commitment to sustainability is commendable.”
As part of UBM’s continued commitment to improving its sustainability credentials, it considered the environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainability to ensure Decorex delivers a positive legacy. Throughout 2015 this included:
• Switching to using recycled paper for all its show materials
• Working with all contractors to ensure the successful application of the waste hierarchy – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – to the build of the show
• Closely monitoring the impact of the show by calculating its carbon footprint to identify and implement improvements
• Its on-going support of the charity, Fine Cell Work - a social enterprise training prisoners in paid, skilled, creative needlework
• Providing guidance to all 430 exhibitors helping them adopt a more sustainable approach to business
DECOREX INTERNATIONAL is the UK’s leading design show and the only one of its kind in the UK for the luxury interiors market. Established in 1978, Decorex – now in its 38th year – is firmly recognised among the international design community as the trusted resource for highend interior designers, architects, specifiers, retailers and property developers. Boasting nearly 400 exhibitors from leading names to emerging talents, this annual four-day show takes place each September in the prestigious location of Syon Park. Attracting more than 13,000 visitors from across the globe, Decorex 2015 explored the future of luxury as this year’s show theme.
Follow us on Twitter: @Decorex_Intl | Instagram: Decorex_International | Pinterest: Decorex_Int | Facebook: Decorex