Licensing roundtables launched at BLE
Roundtable discussions on licensing topics to be a new part of the seminar line-up at the upcoming Brand Licensing Europe 2016
For the first time, visitors to this year’s Brand Licensing Europe (October 11-13, Olympia, London) can take part in roundtable discussions about all aspects of licensing as part of the event’s new seminar programme.
Taking place on Wednesday October 12 from 14.30 – 16.15, and facilitated by LIMA, the roundtables will give attendees an opportunity to take part in focused discussions on a wide variety of licensing topics. Each table of 10 – 12 participants will meet for 30 minutes along with an industry expert, and then switch - allowing enough time for participants to take part in three discussions of their choice.
Discussions will cover:
• Ins and outs of celebrity licensing with Saphia Maxamed, Head of Entertainment Division, Rights Management International.
• Is your property ready for licensing? Discussion with Ian Downes, Founder, Start Licensing.
• Creating and working with style guides with Dave Collins, Co-Founder, Power Station Studios.
• Revitalising classic brands from Tim Collins, Director, The Brand Director.
• How to negotiate a licensing deal, discussion with Trevor Jones, Licensing Director, Danilo.
“We are excited to offer a new concept to the BLE educational programme” said Anna Knight, BLE Brand Director. “These roundtables shake up the traditional seminar experience and allow participants to ask the burning questions they need answered, whilst learning from peers on best practice. We hope that our visitors will embrace this model of learning, and that we can build on this for future events.”
This year’s programme also covers a number of hot topics, which have never previously been addressed in the show’s educational content. They include:
• A session on streaming success in licensing from GfK, examining the content driving viewing on subscription streaming services.
• Insights into the e-commerce opportunities for licensing in China from Alifish (Alibaba’s licensing & entertainment business unit).
• Licensing the 1940s with scent historian Odette Toilette and IWM in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre.
• Panel discussion on managing a brand licensing programme, hosted by Pink Key Consulting and featuring insights from Unilever, Cath Kidston, Victoria & Albert Museum and Beanstalk.
The free educational content at BLE is split between two theatres: Licensing Academy and Brands & Lifestyle Theatre. BLE is the largest and most prestigious licensing event in Europe, and is organised by UBM and sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA). Now in its 18th year, it features over 2,500 characters, images and brands available to license from over 250 exhibitors.
Visitors can register to attend Brand Licensing Europe for free at www.brandlicensing.eu