Industry’s biggest suppliers confirm Intertextile
A new location, increased number of exhibitors and pavilion grouping for more efficient sourcing makes the Autumn edition of Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles a must-attend
After last year’s record-breaking edition, where the visitor figure increased 10% to over 43,000, many of the industry’s leading brands have confirmed their participation at the 2015 iteration of Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles.
Asia’s leading home textiles and accessories trade fair will take place at the brand-new National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai) from 26 – 28 August, with over 1,400 exhibitors from around 30 countries and regions scheduled to take part.
The relocation to this fairground means a new experience for buyers as they browse the offerings of upholstery fabrics, bedding & towelling, carpets & rugs, wallcoverings, digital printing, sun protection systems, non-textile curtain accessories, design artwork and more. The fair will occupy seven halls in total, with all overseas exhibitors located in hall 7.2 (a change from the previously allocated hall 4.1), while domestic exhibitors are housed in the following halls: 5.1 for branded upholstery suppliers, West Hall for other upholstery fabrics, 7.1 for bedding & towelling, digital printing and other products, 7.2 for non-textile and sun protection system products, and 6.2 for accessories. Regional pavilions from Haining, Yuhang and Shaoxing / Tongxiang are located in halls 5.2, 6.1 and 6.2, respectively.
Within the International Hall, some of the industry’s biggest players can be found, including:
• Editors: Designers Guild, JAB, LaCanTouch and Prestigious
• Upholstery fabrics: Fiorete, Hield, Culp and D Décor
• Bedding & towelling: Cotton USA, Curt Bauer, Mundotextil and Naturtex
• Carpets & rugs: Abbas Nishaburi, Sayahnia and Shiv Shakti Exports
• Designers’ Studio: Antoinette et Freddy, Diane Harrison, EVO Studio and Simon Ashby
• Testing & certification: Hohenstein, SGS and Testex
In addition to these product groups, and also in the International Hall, a new Digital Printing Zone will showcase some of this sector’s biggest names, including HP. Furthermore, a new Whole-Home Style Zone will feature exhibitors with multiple home textile products which will be displayed in a ‘real-home setting’.
This will help buyers to visualise upcoming trends and how different products can be matched to create new styles.
Eight country / region pavilions return again in 2015
Always a highlight with buyers are the country and region pavilions, with eight featuring at this edition from Belgium, India, Italy, Korea, Morocco, Pakistan, Taiwan and Turkey. Three of the largest pavilions include:
• Belgium Pavilion: organised by Fedustria, this pavilion returns for the fourth consecutive year, featuring a range of high-end premium products with unique designs.
• Italy Pavilion: supported by the Italian Trade Commission (ICE), this zone will feature the best of Made-in-Italy with a strong focus on upholstery fabrics.
• Turkey Pavilion: organised by the Uludag Exporters' Association (UTIB), this is the largest country pavilion again with around 30 suppliers, and showcases the country’s best bedding and curtain upholstery fabrics.
Chinese pavilions group exhibitors for more efficient sourcing
Intertextile Shanghai is also known for attracting many of the best domestic suppliers, as well as those from around the world. This year’s fair features regional Chinese pavilions from Binzhou, Gaoyang, Haining, Huzhou, Nantong, Pujiang, Shaoxing, Tongxiang and Yuhang where buyers can not only explore a world of products, but also discover the latest trends in China’s home textiles market. Two of the larger pavilions this year include:
• Haining Pavilion: the biggest regional pavilion with almost 240 exhibitors participating in 2015. Haining is known as a leading production hub for jacquard, embroidery, terry and high end decorative fabrics.
• Yuhang Pavilion: featuring a large range of high-end decorative fabrics, a number of the country’s leading branded upholstery fabrics suppliers can be found here.
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Autumn Edition is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Home Textile Association (CHTA).
To find out more about this event and other upcoming home textile fairs, please visit: www.intertextilehome.com.
For more information about Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: http://texpertise-network.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €550* million in sales and employing some 2,200* people worldwide. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries and around 50 international Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in more than 160 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at more than 30 locations around the globe. In 2014, Messe Frankfurt organised a total of 120* trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
Comprising an area of 578,000 square metres, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to 10 exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres.
The company is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent.
For more information, please visit our website at www.messefrankfurt.com
*Preliminary Figures (2014)