Top of the tables at Tendence 2014
Due to open its doors tomorrow, we select some of the best tableware companies due to showcase at the Frankfurt consumer-goods show
Tendence in Frankfurt am Main will open the busy Autumn/Winter and Christmas season tomorrow (August 30) and will run for four days until September 2.
As one of the most important order venues for the consumer-goods sector in the second half of the year, Tendence provides the retail trade with the chance to place last-minute orders for Christmas, in addition to spying the trends for Spring/Summer 2015. With its focus on the mid- to high-end market segment, the profitable Christmas trade and prospects for the coming season, Tendence is an indispensable platform.
Tendence boasts a huge spectrum of new products and popular classics in six exhibition halls, with numerous renowned brands and international key players covering the subjects of Living and Giving, with the Living section - located in Halls 8.0, 9.9 and 11.1 - featuring new collections from the home including tableware.
Here's our round-up of seven of the best tableware companies not to miss:
- ASA SELECTION (Hall 11.1 Stand C29) This German porcelain brand offers a wide range of innovative tableware, including dinnerware and serve ware pieces, such as cake platters and sharing bowls. It also offers vase collections and glassware, all inspired by the latest trends. www.asa-selection.de
- LEONARDO (Hall 11.1 Stand C31) Having worked with glass for more than 150 years, this family-run business is a modern lifestyle brand offering vases, table lanterns, table lights and other decorative products, as well as basic everyday pieces like cups, plates and glasses. www.leonardo.de
- PHILIPPI (Loft Hall 11.1 Stand D10) Known for its ability to transform everyday objects into works of art, German gift brand Philippi offers everything from vases, fruit bowls and napkin ranges, to salad bowls, sugar pots, candle holders and salt mills. www.philippi.com
- ROSENDAHL DESIGN GROUP (Hall 11.1 Stand C18) This Danish brand offers practical, clean-cut design for the home and dining table, from unique handblown glass designs, to the extensive Karen Blixen Collection. They will be presenting their Grand Cru range and popular glass water carafe with steel collar. www.rosendahldesigngroup.dk
- RICE Danish homeward company RICE is known for its colourful melamine, handmade baskets and storage, and hand-glazed Italian tableware. www. rice.dk
- HENRY DEAN (Hall 9.0 Stand C14) A family business, Henry Dean is focused on designing unique shapes, colours and textures. Each design is created in-house in Europe by specialised craftsmen. 'Henry Dean' features unique art-inspired glass objects; 'Deanflowers' offers a range of vases to high-end florists; and 'Land' is a collection for the home and living environmental. www.henrydean.be
- BLOMUS (Loft Hall 11.1 Stand D31) Known for its innovative functionality and modern design, German brand Blomus offers a great selection of kitchen accessories and tabletop items. www.blomus.com
Tendence 2014 will take place at Frankfurt am Main from August 30 to September 2, 2014 in Frankfurt. www.tendence.messefrankfurt.com