Q Squared NYC debuts candles
US dinnerware company celebrates the home by expanding into home fragrances
New York-based tabletop company, Q Squared NYC, which has been a leader in the upscale melamine industry since 2011, is expanding into home fragrance. The company carries over its table decor and design expertise to the home fragrance category with the introduction of Bijou Candles.
The lifestyle brand debuted the new candle collections at the New York Tabletop Show, 41 Madison Avenue, April 22nd-25th.
In addition to the carefully curated fragrances, the candle container—made of melamine—will be a first in the market. Each container has been delicately designed by Creative Director and Brand Designer Alaina Young to echo the intricate textures of milk glass in a durable, life-proof melamine vessel. Each collection’s fragrance inspired the respective vessel design, accurately representing the associated fragrance elements.
Q Squared’s expertise in melamine and design is clearly displayed in the construction of the candle’s unique container. As a pioneer in the high-end melamine industry, the opportunity to expand into unexplored territory was natural. “We inspire our customers to conquer their domain — in other words, to dine and entertain with ease and beauty,” says CEO Nancy Mosny.
“The natural extension for Q Squared is to carry this attitude into other rooms of the home. Our Bijou Candles bring this grace into living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms with luxurious fragrances in elegant containers.”
The vessel also boasts reusability, easily transforming into an everyday bowl after the wax burns through. Each collection will feature the 8oz “Bijou” candle and 1.5oz “Petit Bijou” candle.
The first candle collection, Natural, features three scents in leaf-encrusted garden bowls.
• French Lavender -- a soothing combination of French lavender and rosemary in a white vessel.
• Blue Bamboo -- a relaxing scent filled with hyacinth, blue bamboo and sparkling citrus in a blue vessel.
• Meyer Mint -- an energizing blend of mandarin, mint leaves and eucalyptus in a sage green vessel.
The second candle collection, Floral, features three scents in containers designed to resemble a blossoming gerbera daisy.
• Spring Lilac -- a delicate blend of lilac blossoms and carnations in a white vessel.
• Pink Bellini -- a tantalizing blend of pink peony and magnolia with citrus bitters and vanilla musk in a pale pink vessel.
• Rose & Currant -- a seductive blend of black currant, cassis and rosewood in a dusty rose vessel.
The third collection, Holiday, features three scents in containers designed to capture the magic of the holiday season.
• Maple Apple Butter -- a nostalgic blend of dark amber maple syrup, tart green apple and sugar glaze in a white vessel.
• Winter Pine -- a crisp blend of majestic blue pine, ylang and winterberry in a forest green vessel.
• Mulled Wine -- a warming blend of mandarin orange with cinnamon, nutmeg and anise in a dark red vessel.
The Natural and Floral Bijou and Petit Bijou candles will be available for purchase July 15th for both retail and wholesale. The Holiday collection will be available September 1st for both retail and wholesale.